Thursday 15 September 2011

My blog may disappear

Yesterday I received an email notification entitled 'Blogger blog take down notification' regarding an allegation of copyright infringement on a blog post that was nearly two years old and contained extracts of two channels, which I had linked to and was freely available elsewhere on the internet. It could of course have been about an image I used, but until I can find the actual complaint I have no idea why the complaint was submitted to blogger in the first place. I have deleted the two channelled extracts to be on the safe side, along with a whole bunch of images, and have emailed blogger to help me find where the original complaint is. So I am waiting for the reply to my email which says:

"Hi, and thank you for notifying me about a complaint that has been made about one of my blog posts re copyright. I was unable to trace the actual complaint on the website you gave (chillingeffects.org) despite browsing through many and entering various search words - no results came up.

I have removed a whole lot of text, but I'm having to guess what the complaint could have been as I don't have the details of the complaint - it may have been about an image for all I know - so I am hoping that the blog post in question is suitably amended, even though I don't feel I was in breach of any copyright.

If there is a way of directing me to the actual complaint I would be grateful, because I have no desire to have my account suspended about an allegation I can't access the details on regarding how I have infringed copyright."

So anyway, I just wanted to say that if my blog disappears suddenly, you will know why (although I'm still scratching my head wondering what this whole thing was about), and if I decide for any reason to discontinue this blog I will actually announce that rather than just take it down all of a sudden without mention.

The amended blog post can be found at http://ascensionjourneys.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-message-let-your-unique-light.html. Scroll down to the text in red where I have updated it with my comments. But regardless of whether it was about text or image, it feels a bit 'off' to not be contacted initially by the person concerned, as there are comments boxes beneath all blog posts.

It has dulled my desire to continue blogging for the moment until I know what is going to be happening with my blog. Hopefully blogger will be able to shed more light on what I have allegedly done 'wrong', or maybe this blog will just disappear in a puff of smoke one day soon. If it does, I just want to thank you in advance for having landed on it, and/or read some of it. I will say more if/when I know any more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi--I just wanted to add that I've had the same problem. Any resolution from Google for you? I'm also emailing them, and wondering if they even bother to respond to these.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS BOX